When purchasing windows for your home, it is important to make sure you consider every detail. Understanding what the warranty covers is a big part. Here are some things to think about when comparing warranties:
Is the warranty limited or full?
- There are certain legal requirements to be able to use the designation “Full”, so if it doesn’t say “Full”, it isn’t.
Who does the work?
- Milgard has warranty work performed by factory-trained technicians.
What is NOT included?
- Many warranties don’t cover labor, which can be one of the most costly aspects of warranty-related window repair or replacement. Be sure to read all the fine print.
Are there any hidden costs?
- Find out if costs such as labor and shipping are included. Milgard doesn’t charge for parts, shipping or labor to fulfill warranty work.
Anyone can offer a Lifetime Warranty, but can you trust that the window manufacturing company will be in business when you actually need to make a claim?
- Milgard has been in the window business for over 50 years. Rest assured, we will be here.
How long is the warranty itself?
- If it’s more than a couple of pages, just make sure you completely understand what is being covered and what is not.